Nextgen Financial Planning Inc. (“NextgenFP”) is a portfolio manager domiciled in Canada. In Canada, privacy legislation has been enacted at both the federal level, Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and as well at provincial levels, and NextgenFP is subject to each of these laws, depending on the province of residence of its Clients. NextgenFP also adheres to the privacy legislation in the United States.
Policy relating to the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
NextgenFP is committed to maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of all personal information under our care.
Types of Personal Information Under Our CareWhen we open and maintain an account, we are obligated to collect the following types of information out of necessity or legal obligation:
- Information provided on account applications or other forms, such as names, mailing addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, social insurance numbers, dates of birth, employment information, spousal information, financial and net worth information as well as banking details.
- Information about investments, assets, and transactions, such as account balances, trading activity, margin loans, and payment history.
- Information we may receive from consumer-reporting agencies.
Purposes For Which We Collect and Use Personal InformationWe collect and use the personal information we obtain during the account opening and account administration process for the following purposes:
- To open, maintain and administer client relationship.
- In compliance with applicable federal and provincial laws.
- To verify client identity and protect against fraud.
- To provide the services requested by clients.
- To comply with industry specific regulations.
Protection of InformationNextgenFP protects personal information by storing it in locations that are designed to prevent the loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of that information. Personal Information is stored only as long as it is required and/or as dictated by law. Our employees have access to personal information only on a need-to-know basis.
Disclosure of InformationNextgenFP does not sell personal information to third parties. NextgenFP does not disclose personal information to third parties other than in the following circumstances and for the following purposes:
- In the normal course of business operations to open, maintain, administer, or relationship, including, without limitation, for purposes of facilitating the client opening process and the provision of customer service (including services rendered by third party agents or affiliates), for audit and accounting purposes;
- To specific NextgenFP employees and/or agents in order to offer services to clients, to engage in surveillance, compliance, and reporting activities required by applicable law and/or to ensure disaster recovery services relating to such information (which may include trans-border transfers of information);
- To other suppliers or service providers who assist us in serving our clients. Our service providers may at times be responsible for processing or handling personal information. Such service providers are provided only with the information necessary for them to perform their services. In addition, we require them to protect the information in a manner that is consistent with our privacy policies and customary security practices. In the event our service provider is located in a foreign jurisdiction they are bound by the laws of the jurisdiction in which they are located and may disclose personal information in accordance with those laws;
- To legal counsel for the purpose of obtaining legal advice;
- Where we are required or permitted to do so by law, including to any law enforcement agency, securities regulatory authority or Self-Regulatory Organization, namely for the purposes of:
- Surveillance of trading-related activity;
- Sales, financial compliance and other regulatory audits;
- Investigation of potential regulatory and statutory violations;
- Regulatory databases;
- Enforcement or disciplinary proceedings;
- Reporting to securities regulators; and
- Information-sharing with securities regulatory authorities, regulated marketplaces, other self-regulatory organizations and relevant law enforcement agencies within any territory regarding any of the preceding activities.
Access to InformationNextgenFP makes every reasonable effort to ensure that personal information is accurate and up-to-date. Individuals can also access and update the personal information that we collect at any time by contacting our Compliance Department by email at compliance@NextgenFP.ca or by regular mail to 14 Minnewawa Road, Mississauga, ON L5G 1C3. Individuals may also consult the personal information NextgenFP maintains by contacting NextgenFP’s Compliance Department by email at compliance@NextgenFP.ca and scheduling an appointment. In your request, please include the relevant account number(s), and the information which you would like to have updated or modified.